Thursday, November 5, 2015

Art Every Day Month: Creative Flow

This month, I am participating in Art Every Day Month ( #AEDM2015 #AEDM ).

Follow my progress on instagram, facebook, tumblr, or twitter.

After traveling for almost 5 months, it is time to immerse myself in the creative flow again.  This can be scary at first but the more you do it, the less you notice the fears and creativity just become part of your life enriching each and every day.

Here are a few sketches and paintings from this week.


Last night, I needed some free-form, no-plan intuitive painting , so I lit a candle and just let paint bleed onto the paper swirling together in the water. I had no idea what it would be and for a long time it didn’t look like anything but colors. For a moment there was a girl wandering through the meadow but she transformed into the tree on the right. The last bit to pop up was the little bunny to be the peaceful observer.



This is a Fennec Fox. I'm so delighted that such creatures exist in this strange world. I am excited to draw and paint other cute and unusual spirits like the red panda and the dik dik.

I made this quick sketch late Sunday night after  an amazing Halloween camp-out forest trance party and have been dancing away the last 24 hours in the trees, under the moon, and alongside the colorful wildlife human and otherwise that joined in the strange and wondrous celebrations. This sketch was how I felt in the moment… Adrift in the magical sleepy afterglow.






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...